Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Fragrance of Fall

It's almost the first day of fall and I've been bracing myself since I moved out here for how I would feel not being in Utah this time of year. Fall has always been my favorite season and I usually start getting excited for it the first part of August. This year was no different except there is a part of me that's been sad too knowing that I'm not in Utah and I don't get to start seeing the leafs on the mountains changing or start feeling that cool crispness in the air. It has been sunny here almost the entire three months we've been here, which for the most part I have loved. Until now. We got an awesome rain storm last weekend finally and I LOVED it and it made me miss Utah even more! Now I am SO ready for the coolness and for the beauty of fall and although we will also get it here, it doesn't come for a while so I feel really off. Then, Jennie told me how she decorated her house already, which made me sad, because I'm usually the first person she calls to come over to see what she's done and I was so sad that I couldn't hop in my car and head over there. She was sad too.

For the most part I think I've hung on pretty well and I've really been trying to stay positive because there are so many things I love out here and I am still SO happy that I'm here, I just need to get through the fall and I think I will be okay. I'm actually headed back out to Utah to spend a week or so with Jennie so that should be just what I need to to keep going.

It has cooled off here a little bit and was only in the 80's this past week but it's expected to be back up to the 90's this week again. YUCK! I lit my pumpkin spice candle and am trying to get into the mood to decorate here soon but with how hot it is, it just doesn't seem right. So...overall, all is well, I'm just a little bit homesick right now.
I posted this picture above that I found of this beautiful little house in the PERFECT fall setting and decided that I am going to imagine myself sitting out there on the front porch early in the morning when it's nice and cool and sipping some hot coffee (with pumpkin spice cream of course) while watching the lake and savoring all of the beauty and smells of fall! Awe..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment