Monday, September 12, 2011

MOPS

This is first time in my life that I am not living close to at least two or more of my sisters, not to mention all of my other family. I miss them but I realized a long time ago that I hadn't felt connected or like I belonged to anything and it's something that's been missing in my life for a long time. Being out here away from everyone is making me realize how much I need people (other than the ones that have to love me) in my life, so I am determined to meet some. I know God has big plans for us here and I really think He is going to bring people into our lives that we can connect with and make life long friendships with and I'm excited to see who we'll meet.

So... I joined this group called MOPS which stands for Mothers of Preschoolers and I am way excited about it! It's a Christian-based group and it's a bunch of mothers who have kids anywhere from birth through kindergarten who get together two times a month. At the meetings we will eat, do crafts, listen to great guest speakers but mostly just support one another as woman who are all moms going through a lot of the exact same things.
Our first meeting was today and I was surprised at how many women were there. There were probably at least 40 and the ones I met seemed so down to earth and real and I am really looking forward to getting to know them. We will have a ladies night out once a month and an "outing" once a month planned at different places around Bakersfield. It will be fun to be able to talk with other woman and get advice on parenting and support but more important- just be able to connect. I have no doubt that that is one of the reasons that God has brought me here and I look forward to what He has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment