Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

This will be the first year of my entire life that I haven't had Thanksgivng with a very large group. This year will just be me, Robb, Toby, Tyce and Robb's mom. Even though I will miss my family, I'm really looking forward to a more intimate, sit down, candle lit dinner.
Toby's at such a fun age right now and really likes to help me with things and do crafts so me and him are starting now and putting stuff together to set our Thanksgiving table with. We started with making the name card settings.
We went on a nature walk and gathered leafs and pinecones from around our subdivision.

After soaking the pinecones in vinegar and pressing the leafs, we painted the leafs and pressed them on our name cards
We then put our names on them and will secure them in the pinecones
Walla! Our all-natural name cards!
More fun to come!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I love those place settings. Good job Toby! Those leaves too are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i saw this post earlier! I was trying to figure out something cute to do! Look at you little crafty pants!

    ReplyDelete