Friday, January 13, 2012

Our Adventure to Pismo Beach

Yesterday we decided to jump in our car and head out on an adventure! We are in California afterall and the weather has been BEA-utiful the past few days and we are only a couple hours from SOOOOO many things!
The day was AMAZING starting with the drive! We first drove through acres and acres of stinky dairy farms but after long we were out of the farms and surrounded by nothing but beautiful orange groves!! Reminded me of the Soaring Over California ride at Disneyland!
I had to pull over for a minute to find Tyce's binki and this is right where I stopped. I laughed when I read both of these signs:
We then drove through some mountains that were also beautiful and after 2 hours and 20 minutes, we got to the cute, cozy town of Pismo Beach!
The first thing I thought of was how good it smelled there! It smelled very strongly of pine trees and the salty ocean combined. LOVED it!!
We went straight to a beach that we could drive on so I was able to pull my car right up on the beach and unload. FaNTaStIC!!

I brought binoculars for Toby to play with. We were hoping to see whales

He was loving chasing the seagulls with his bubble gun
He collected seashells all over, including sand dollars!
And Tyce Baby loved it too of course!!
And then we left and went to a park where thousands of Monarch butterflies migrate to in the winter months! It was amazing to see these and you had to look through the telescope to even know that they were butterflys up there! They just looked like leafs!
But really were butterflys!! Who would have known?!

We then headed down a trail at the park

And came to this!!!

Yes, that's the Ocean!!

It was an AMaZing, refreshing day straight from

God and one we will never forget!

I think I'm going to like winter in California!

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOHHHHHH! That picture of Tyce with his little hoodie is SO adorable. I can't stand it AT ALL! I just want to eat him!!!!! And seeing the pictures of Toby made we want to cry -- he is getting SO BIG! I can't believe how tall he is! He looks like a little boy -- no longer a baby. Time FLIES! I miss you! When I come back from Italy I want to come stay with you for a couple weeks. I really miss the boys. I'm glad you had such a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I can't wait to come and do it all over with you!!!

    ReplyDelete